Chamorro spicy chicken is a meal that I have grown up eating. It’s primarily served over hot rice, and you can also have it with steamed or pickled vegetables on the side. This dish can also be made without peppers if you pick, but it certainly is delicious with all the components integrated!
Soy sauce, vinegar, and coconut milk are common active ingredients used in a range of Chamorro meals. You can make tasty meat marinades with a simple soy sauce and vinegar base. Or perhaps Finadene (hot sauce) made with soy sauce. This chicken meal is basic, tasty, and guaranteed to make your taste pleased!
Feel free to include basic components depending upon the number of individuals you’re serving. My measurements at the time of the video sufficed for two adults and two children.
How To Make Kadon Pika
- 2 lbs chicken wings fresh or frozen
- 1 Cup Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1 Cup white vinegar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 onion Sliced
- 4 – 5 Tabasco peppers
- Cooked Rice
- 1 Green Onion Sliced
- To begin, you'll put about 2 pounds of chicken wings in a Dutch Oven.
- In a cup pour Kikkoman soy sauce.
- To the cup, add half a cup of white vinegar and a cup of water.
- Next, add some black pepper. (about a teaspoon or so)Then add in a half teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Now you'll require a few of these pepper sauce. I typically put about 4 or 5 of these in the pot. If you desire the chicken spicy, you can squash them or cut them in pieces.
- Slice up an onion, and toss it in.
- Stir all of it together and bring it to a boil over medium heat. Place a cover on and let it prepare about 10-15 minutes, or till the chicken is primarily cooked through. Take the lid off and let the liquid minimize down a bit. The liquid will darken, and the wings will darken and reach the point that the meat is about falling off the bone– about 15 more minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, make some rice to serve it with. Spoon some of the liquid over the rice and top with some sliced green onions.
Other Recipe Articles:
Let us know if you made any changes to the recipe and if you liked the dish by using the comments section below. If you have enjoyed out Kadon Pikka Recipe, you can also try out other recipes on our website by clicking on the links above.